Having acne or pimples is extremely common. Unfortunately, very often, after acne has healed, it leaves behind acne marks or acne scars.
10 Helpful Tips To Prevent And Reduce Acne Scars:
1. Don’t pop your pimple! We know it can be tempting but popping pimples only makes it worse. If a pimple is still active and you pop it, it will create a ‘hole’ in the skin which leads to pitted scars and these will be even harder to recover from as scars are much deeper.
2. Allow pimple to heal and dry on its own. Cleanse skin with gentle cleanser. Tone. Apply Rosa T Acne Serum (1-2 small drops) to face.
3. Avoid touching your face with hands if you have acne. Hands are often loaded with bacteria and it gets transferred to face
4. We believe the skin has the ability to heal itself naturally. However, due to our age and genetics, different people have different rates of skin healing.
5. Focus on stimulating skin’s natural immunity from within to produce collagen and repair itself. This is the same as strengthening your skin’s barrier. It’s a process that takes a longer time but so much better returns/rewards in long run, compared to a quick-fix that may be harmful to skin or might strip the skin’s natural barrier.
6. Feed your skin – Inside and Out Matters! Apart from applying topically onto the skin to boost scar repair, it’s super important to feed your body. Our body is made from cells that need nourishment to do the work it needs.
Examples of Power Foods for Boosting Skin Recovery:
7. Avoid sugar! Sugar breaks down collagen and affects skin’s elasticity
8. Avoid nitrates like processed food, sausages, bacon, hotdogs etc. (nitrate is used as a preservative in foods).
9. Scrub your face 2 times a week.
This helps to remove dead skin cells on the surface layer of the skin. Every day, the skin sheds hundreds of cells that you can’t see. Scrubbing allows fresh skin from underneath to reveal itself and makes your skin glow. We love using our Gentle Exfoliating Facial Scrub – it’s made from natural rice beads, not plastic microbeads. Microbeads are tiny round plastic beads that look like fish food. So when we use face scrubs that have plastic microbeads in them, it lands up in the ocean and fish will eat it because it looks like fish food. The EU has banned using plastic microbeads in facial scrubs.
10. Apply Natural Vitamin E!
The skin has an amazing ability to heal itself but the effect is accelerated when it gets external help. We’re returning back to basics (using Natural Vitamin E) to heal scars. We love using our all-natural plant-based serum NATUR E Scar Serum to help with scar healing. Nature E Scar Serum is made with Natural Vitamin E (Also known as D-Alpha Tocopherol): Some advantages of natural vitamin E, over synthetic vitamin E include:
- 3X MORE effective than Synthetic Vitamin E
- Skin-Friendly & Better Skin Compatibility
- 100% Natural
- Retains in the Skin Longer
- Better Skin Absorption
The sooner you apply onto scars (not on active acne!), the quicker you see results. Don’t wait too long before you start applying on acne scars. Once your active acne has healed and dried, you can apply Natur E onto cleansed and toned skin.
While skincare products are one thing, your lifestyle is an ever-important factor that will help improve your skin, too. Get regular exercise, eat plenty of fruits & vegetables, drink enough water, and get at least 8 hours of sleep every day! Easier said than done, but let’s start creating good habits to make a positive change to our health and skin – and that day begins today!
About Garden Of Eden Skin Care
Garden of EDEN’s philosophy is to be “The trusted skincare specialist on effective natural remedies for health conscious consumer.” The company does this by combining the power of plants, proven by science in a formulation that will penetrate quickly and deeply into the skin for naturally radiant and beautiful skin. (http://www.gardenofedenskincare.com/about/)